How we helped a top investment bank and financial services company unlock SME engagement in Southeast Asia and grow sales by 10%
Faced with increasing competition in the region, one of ASEAN’s leading investment banks wanted to generate long-term growth by differentiating its proposition for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in the region. Here’s how they did it with Contrend.
Our client, a leading investment bank and financial services company (Brand Y), needed to create a new content strategy for Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Indonesia. However, they faced many challenges thanks to competition from smaller banks, along with different cultures, languages, and budgets
IMMedia used the AI and ML capabilities of Contrend to assess audience preferences and competitor activity in each market. In doing so, it was able to create a fresh content strategy that was regionally consistent and locally relevant.
Here’s how Contredn did it in 4 steps:
- Identified Audience Ei and Competitor Ei Topic Groups per market
- Identified similarities and differences between markets
- Developed regional content pillars
- Localized content pillars for each market
What did we achieve?
Brand Y received a fresh content strategy and actionable content calendars for each market that substantially increased engagement.
- Client Ei vs Competitor Bank Ei was up 137%
- Client Ei share of Landscape Ei was up 192%
After the strategy was implemented, this resulted in a 6 month period where content created for Brand Y directly increased sales by 10%.
Not only that, but Brand Y reported increased numbers across all of its major website analytics.
- 120% average increase in number of visitors going to Product Pages, up to 400%
increase in some markets
- 13% of visitors to the content hub ended up visiting Product Pages
- 300% average increase in conversions (form submissions), conversion rates increased by a similar amount
After the strategy was implemented, content created for Brand Y directly increased product sales by 10%.
For further information on how Contrend can help your organization grow its online
engagement, click here.